Friday 16 June 2017

Looking after your body from within


I’ve been trying to be better with my skincare lately and one thing I’ve realised is that lotions and potions alone cannot improve your complexion. As corny as this might sound, what you put in your body is just as important, if not more so, than what you put on your skin.

Hum Nutrition is this new brand of vitamins that I've just discovered and their tag line is “Beauty Starts from Within” and this is something that I have now come to realise to be very true. In my twenties a good diet did not play a very big role in my life. I was having fast food everyday, sometimes only having chips or chocolate as a complete meal without thinking twice about it. In your twenties, you can do that. Your body forgives you for all those excesses. But once you hit your thirties, all those excesses start to show and your body and skin aren't so forgiving. The best part about these vitamins and supplements is that they are all organic and vegan.

I have always been a picky eater, and even though I’m now being more careful about what I eat, I know for a fact that I’m not getting all the nutrients and vitamins I need. Hum Nutrition is helping me with that. There is a little quiz that you can answer where you can list all your concerns and their dietitian gets back to you with what she thinks you need to help your diet. I ordered what she recommended and so far so good.

My little haul consisted of the 21 day Cleanse, OMG – Omega the Great, Gut Instinct and Here comes the Sun. This recommendation was bang on. My doctor had already told me that I needed to take fish oil tablets, probiotics and vitamin D tablets. The 21 day cleanse was something that I added on as I was hoping to kick start my metabolism again and help my stomach get a bit flatter. I've been using these supplements for 2 weeks now and I have to say that I am already seeing the benefits. I have more energy, my skin is clearer and my hair is looking really good. However, although I'm not seeing much of an improvement in the flatter stomach department, I have been eating less, thanks to the Flatter Me tablets that are part of the 21 day cleanse.

The way that Hum Nutrition works is that you can save when you buy more products or register for a plan. That is to say that you can save 25% just by buying 3 or more products. On top of that, if you register for one of their plans you can save even more! A 90 day plan saves you 15%, a 6 month plan 20% and a 12 month plan 25%. I chose the 90 day plan as I wasn't sure how I'd go remembering to take the tablets, but so far so good. I have already started thinking about what I would like to get for my next order. 

Here's what on my wishlist:
Runway Ready - My nails have been quite brittle lately and I'm hoping that this might help. It should also help with my skin and hair so that's a bonus!

Skinny Bird - I don't really believe that diet pills work, but I thought these would be good to maintain a healthy weight once reached.

Ripped Rooster - I'm hoping this will help burn some of my extra fat and help me get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I would then follow this up with Skinny Bird.

Collagen Love - This would also be good to try if my skin was going through a rough patch.

So to recap, I think that my vitamin/supplement routine will be Here Comes the Sun, OMG - Omega the Great and Gut Instinct as a constant, the 21 day Cleanse every few months, Runway Ready when I'm not taking the 21 day Cleanse and alternating Ripped Rooster and Skinny Bird. Depending on how my skin was looking, I'm thinking of also taking Collagen Love. This might seem like a lot of pills to take, but considering how picky I am, this is the best thing for my health and skin.

Taking these vitamins and supplements really make me feel that I'm doing something good for myself!

If you are interested in trying Hum Nutrition vitamins, I have a discount code that will get you $10 off your first order - 12E121

No comments:

Post a Comment