Saturday 16 August 2014

Haul No. 1










For the first post on this blog, I thought I’d start with a series that I would like to keep up. Haul posts are some of the more popular posts around and some of my favourites.  It’s a great way of discovering new products – new to us, and new on the market.

Without further ado, let’s get into this. This is what I bought on this shopping excursion..

I really needed a new hairbrush as the one that I am currently using has mangled bristles – not sure how that happened!! This John Frieda Sleek hairbrush is one that I haven’t read anything about so far, but thought it should help with blow-drying my hair straight and stopping the frizz. John Frieda is well known for his Frizz Ease product, so it stands to reason that this should work, right? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?


Next on the list is this Vaseline Spray Moisturiser. I have heard a lot about this as it took a while to reach the Australian shores. I am extremely lazy when it comes to applying body moisturiser and this appears to be exactly what I need – I will get back to you with a review once I’ve used it a few more days.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 200 Soft Beige – I have this one already in the 100 Ivory shade and needed a darker shade since I have been fake tanning this month. The 100 Ivory was a perfect match for my skin and lasted well so I’m hoping this one will too! Don’t let the shimmer you can see through the bottle fool you. This isn’t glittery at all, just luminous.



Maybelline Colour Whisper in 45 – I love this colour! It is sort of a “your lips but better” colour – a cliché I know! – with a light berry colour. Perfect for Autumn.
Can’t wait to try it out more.


Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in 02, L’Oreal Lumi Magique in 01 Light, Bourjois CC Eye Cream in 22 Beige Clair/Light Beige – Colour Correcting, Hydrating Concealer – These 3 products are much of a muchness – the usual clicky pen that’s reminiscent of the YSL Touche Eclat, for a fraction of the price. I haven’t tried them yet, but will report back on colour match and the staying power.

And that’s it for this haul. Hope to be back soon with more hauls – a girl can never have too much makeup right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment