Tuesday 16 December 2014

Review - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

By now everyone should have heard about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush powders. The palette came out about this time last year and is a limited edition. Although this palette came out last year in the States and everywhere else in the world, it only recently became available in Australia. If you are looking for this, it is available at Mecca for $76. But hurry up - when I went to my local store last week, it was already sold out..



Top to Bottom: Mood Exposure, Incandescent electra, Luminous Flush

As you can tell from the photos, the three shades available in this palette are quite different - there is a pink shade (Luminous Flush), a peach shade (Incandescent Electra) and a mauve shade (Mood Exposure). Incandescent Electra is exclusive to this palette whilst the others can be bought individually in full size for $46 each.

I have to say that after using the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders and hearing all the good reviews about the blushes, I had high hopes for this product. And luckily enough, it did not disappoint!

The photo of the swatches show how pigmented these blushes can be if you decide to laying on thick (which I would recommend against, but if that's how you like your blush, then go for it!) A little of this blush goes a long way, and the lasting powder is phenomenal! The ultimate test to know the lasting power of these blushes? I went to a beach bar on the weekend and was sitting outside in 35 degree heat. Despite the copious amounts on sweat that followed sitting outside with no shade, when I got home that evening, the blush was still there! Now how's that for good staying power??

If you're new to the Hourglass blushes like I am, I think that getting the palette is the way to go. I don't know about you, but I'm not very good at picking only one blush colour! This palette comes with 3 colours that would pretty much suit every and any occasion. The peach shade is perfect for summer and the mauve one perfect for winter. The pink shade is the perfect "wear anytime blush" when you can't make up your mind.

Unfortunately for my wallet, I like those blushes so much that I can't wait to get my hands in the other 4 colours they have available.. Oh no!!

No comments:

Post a Comment