Monday 27 April 2015

Sephora Haul


A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to go to Sydney for work. Of course, being the beauty junkie that I am, I couldn't miss this opportunity to check out Sephora.
Ever since I heard that Sephora was opening in Australia, I have wanting to go there to get all those brands that we can't normally get in Australia. Having been to the Sephora in Paris, I had high hopes.. However, I have to admit that the Sephora in Sydney did let me down. Whilst it was still a decent size, there weren't that many things being offered that we didn't already have in Australia.. A lot of valuable real estate was taken up by Estee Lauder and the likes. These are already sold in Myer and David Jones.. We really didn't need another store to sell them, especially since the price wasn't any different as we'd been promised.. I was looking forward to trying quite a few brands such as Fresh cosmetics, but they were available. I guess it's still early days. After all, Sephora only opened on our shores at the beginning of this year so they could still be bringing new brands in.

Saying all this, as this is a haul, you can obviously tell that I still managed to find items to purchase. I got the Tarte Mineral Foundation and I have to say, having used it since, it is AMAZING! The shade that I was matched with is perfect for my skintone and it really looks like I have nothing on which is the look I'm always going for. I am impressed! I also got the matching concealer, but I haven't used that one yet so I can't comment.

My mother has been looking for some firming cream lately so I thought I'd ask the girls at Sephora for their opinion and they showed me this range by Ole Henriksen - the Ultimate lift. It sounded really good so I got her the neck cream and the serum. She's been using it for the last couple of weeks and whilst the results aren't dramatic, she has noticed a few changes and she's quite happy with them. I also had to pick up a few Ole Henriksen products for myself as Fleur de Force is always raving about their face wipes.

Of course, I couldn't go to Sephora and not get the Cream Lip Stain that everyone on YouTube and the blogging world has been raving about! I got the red one, of course and it is just as good as everyone claims! Something else that also lived up to the hype was the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. It is as easy to use and as long lasting as everyone has led us to believe. The last couple of things I got from Sephora are the Elizabeth and James Nirvana perfume rollerball, a Sephora's own lip pencil and a little sample of Benefit's favourite bronzer and blush. The samples in the check out lines really do suck you in, don't they??

Sephora is also well-known for their samples. However it would seem that Australia doesn't have the Beauty Insider system available elsewhere. Here they just give us a bunch of samples with purchase.. For spending over a $100 on Ole Henriksen I got a trio of minis. And then for spending over a certain amount I got the Emergency Kit, a SK-II mask and a Clinique sample.. Not bad I have to say..


I also went to David Jones whilst in Sydney and I thought I'd throw my purchases in at the end here..  There was a Kiehl's counter and I had to get the Ultra Light Daily UV Defense. I'm not sure why, but they had to change the 50+ SPF to SPF 15 in Australia.. If anyone does know the reason, please share it below.. I have to say that Kiehl's are quite generous with their samples and sample sizes. I got the Calendular Herbal-Extract Toner (40ml) the Ultimate Strength Hand Salve (30ml) and a little sample of the Midnight Recovery Serum. Quite decent I say.

Does anyone have any of these products? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment