Friday 19 February 2016

My 3 Favourite Things



I had an idea this week to start a new series on the blog - my weekly 3 favourites. This is by no means new on the blogosphere, but I thought I'd try it and give it my own spin. Let me know what you think!
This will be 3 things that I have loved all week - it could be anything from beauty, makeup, fashion, lifestyle or a book.

This week's number 1 favourite will have to be the book by Pamela Druckerman - Bringing up Bebe. You might notice that this week's posts have a bit of a baby/pregnancy flavor. I promise it won't always be like that. Unless you would like more information about this of course! The reason this book resonated so much with me is that I am of French descent and a lot of what the book talks about is familiar to me, just forgotten after 15 years living in Australia. This is a great reminder of my life before Australia. I would really encourage anyone who thinks that some the parenting books out there are too intense to give this one a try. All the advice in there is really just common sense and the author doesn't try to scare you, like so many books do, by saying things like, "if you don't do this, your child will turn into a serial killer"! This book doesn't have a list of rules that you have to follow, just gives a general idea of what could be done to make things easy and good for everyone and that's why I love it. I'm hoping to be one of those laid-back moms who doesn't fret over every little thing and doesn't turn into a helicopter parent or any other type of parent who stresses over everything.

My second favourite is without doubt Bondi Sands Liquid Gold. Although it has been extremely hot over the last couple weeks in Perth and I have managed to tan a bit, it is hard to maintain that tan due to the extreme temperatures. You can't stay outside for long without suffering. This is where Bondi Sands Liquid Gold comes in. It comes in a spray bottle and you can just spray the product onto a tanning mitt and apply to your body as you would any other self tanner. The beauty of this one is that it dries immediately after application and you can get dressed straightaway with no risk of transfer. I have also used this on my face and I have to say that the colour develops throughout the day into the most gorgeous golden hue. I would definitely recommend trying this and I might even have to say that Bondi Sands as a whole has surpassed St Tropez for me. And as an added bonus, Bondi Sands is quite a bit cheaper than St Tropez. What's not to love!

Some of you might remember that last year I coloured my hair purple. As a natural brunette, I had to bleach all my hair to make this possible and my hair wasn't too happy with me. Now a year later, I am still trying to repair all the damage I did to my hair then. This is where the Kerastase Soin Therapiste line comes in. I have been using the mask and serum for the last couple months and I have to say that they have really made a difference. Although my hair is still quite dry, it doesn't break quite as easily as it used to, becoming stronger and stronger every day. One of the downsides of these products though is the scent. It is a really strong sweet scent that I personally don't mind, but all of you out there who don't really like scented products might not like this one. I'd suggest giving this a sniff in stores before purchasing. The good news though is that the strong scent disappears quite quickly, leaving just a lingering amount that should be manageable to most.

What were your favourite things this week?

Don't forget to follow to not miss any posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment