Monday 22 February 2016

The Morning After The Night Before

Image from Pinterest

Everyone loves having a good evening out with friends, enjoying good food and good wine (or whatever your drink of choice might be). But sometimes a really great night turns into a truly awful morning, spent regretting our actions of the hight before and leaving us promising ourselves that we'll never drink again. Since we all know that this isn't going to happen, I've been inspired by Casper to share a few ways of making the morning after a little more bearable when spending the day snuggled on that cosy mattress is out of the question.
The first thing I do when I wake up is drink a big glass of water that I hopefully remembered to place on my bedside table, and take 2 painkillers for the headache that will undoubtedly hit at anytime.  Drinking as much water as possible will help me rehydrate. After feeling sorry for myself for a few minutes, I eventually drag myself out of bed and into the shower. 

I find that having a shower and brushing my teeth as soon as I get out of bed helps me feel a little more human. Washing all the grime and smells is one of the best things to do to help me feel fresh. I usually use one of my favourite body washes and shampoos as my favourite fragrances help make the morning that little bit more bearable. My products of choice for this are the Pureology Super Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner and the L'Occitance Almond Shower Oil. The shampoo and conditioner leave your hair smelling and feeling amazing, and the shower oil is the best thing for these mornings when I'm in a hurry, and don't have time to apply any lotion.



Next up is making a strong cup of coffee to drink while getting ready. Now that I have a fringe again, I find that the easiest and most put together hairstyle for mornings where I can't be bothered is a top knot with my fringe out. I have to admit that I think having a fringe makes any hairstyle look more polished. Below are some examples of what I mean.
Picture via Pinterest
Picture via Pinterest
I like to keep my skincare routine quite simple and hydrating on days like these - just some eye cream (in this case Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream) and day cream (Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream). If I have a little more time or if my skin is feeling particularly dry, I will apply the Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Mask first.


The makeup look I normally go for on days like these is a no makeup makeup look. The Bobbi Brown Concealer under my eyes, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Concealer on any red spots and the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre all over the face to set everything. My eyes usually need some brightening and I find the easiest way to do that is to apply a flesh toned eye kohl to my lower waterline. My favourite of choice is Chanel's Eye Kohl in Chair. A light dusting of blush to bring some colour back to my face, some mascara and some eye brow powder and that's my makeup done. I normally only apply some lip balm to rehydrate my lips. The one I'm currently loving is the Body Shop Vitamin E one. So hydrating and much less faffing around since it's not in a pot.


Lastly, once I've gotten dressed, it's breakfast time. A nice greasy breakfast is just what the doctor ordered for those mornings. I personally make myself 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of toast swimming in butter, and 2 hash browns. If making breakfast is the last thing you want to do, then it's perfectly acceptable to buy some greasy breakfast from your favourite breakfast place. Before leaving the house, I like to grab a bottle of something full of electrolytes to replace all that was lost due to the dehydration caused by the alcohol.

And there you have it - what I like to do the morning after the night before. I personally feel that getting yourself ready and looking decent is the best way of starting such a morning. That followed by a greasy breakfast and you should be more than halfway to feeling human again!

No comments:

Post a Comment