Thursday 27 November 2014

Review - Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial and Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm




Over the last couple weeks I've been testing the Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial ($59). When Ren announced the release of this 1 minute mask, everyone was quite anxious to find out what it would do.


I can now tell you that this mask is a cleansing mask with water activated Vitamin C. As per the directives on the back of the tube, you are to apply a small amount to your whole face and neck, massaging with small circular movements. Then, you need to wet your fingertips with warm water and massage your face some more. This water will activate the vitamin C. You can then leave it for a minute to do its thing. 

I have to admit, I wasn't sure that it would do much good in a minute, but I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. I washed my face with warm water, and immediately I could feel that my skin was a lot smoother and plumper. It was actually as smooth as a baby's bottom, and not dry at all.. You know that feeling that you can get sometimes after cleansing your face or applying a mask - your face feels dry and tight? Well not with this one. I almost felt like I could get away without applying any moisturiser!! The tube tells you to apply this mask every 3 days and that's what I've been doing. I have to admit, my face is now feeling smoother, more moisturised and actually kind of glowing. I love it!

Now that Nuxe products are available at Priceline, I thought it was time to do a review on the ever popular Reve de Miel Lip Balm. Bloggers the world over have been raving over this product for years, but as it wasn't readily available in Australia, I thought it would be better to hold off reviewing it. 

Now, is this all it's cracked up to be? I think yes and no. If you're looking for a lip balm that will moisturise your lips and help them if they are parched and cracked, then yes, this is the lip balm for you. But if you need a lip balm to wear underneath your lipstick, then I'd say no. This is because the texture of this lipstick is quite thick, and in cooler months especially, there are teeny tiny granules of honey in there that mean that it's not going to be a smooth base for your lipstick to go on.

I love using this lip balm at night after removing all my makeup, topping it up before going to bed, and again applying it in the morning as soon as I've brushed my teeth. I make sure to wipe it off though just before I apply any lip colour. I find that this helps my lips stay very moisturised no matter the weather outside and wiping it off before applying lip colours means that those little granules are no longer there. Would I repurchase this? Definitely. 

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. ooh interesting products - haven't tried this brand yet. Cute blog btw!

    TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany :) you definitely need to check out Ren products - they are amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete