Thursday 13 November 2014

Review - Naked 3

 A few weeks ago, I posted a haul that included this Naked palette. As quite a bit of hype tends to follow all releases of Naked products by Urban Decay, I too, got caught up in this and purchased the Naked 3.
I know that this palette came out quite a while back, but living in Australia, Urban Decay is not quite so readily available unfortunately. But now that I've managed to get my mitts on it, let me tell you what I think.



As all Naked palettes, the actual palette comes with a little something extra. This one includes samples of the different primer potions for you to try - the original, Sin, Eden and an anti-agin one. I have to admit that i haven't tried these yet as I like to keep my samples for when I travel. Being a huge fan of the original primer potion, I'm sure that these will be just as good!

Now on to the palette. Lookout these gorgeous colours! How could you resist getting this? As we've come to expect it to be, the formula of these shadows and the payoff is amazing. There is some fallout when using the darker shadows, but in my experience, this happens with all shadows anyway.



Let's look at swatches of these now. This palette includes 3 matte shadows (Strange, Limit and Nooner) and 9 shimmery shadows and they are all amazing!

For an everyday look, I like to apply Burnout all over the lid with Limit in the crease. Follow that with a bit of brown eyeliner or a black cat eye and some mascara, and you've got the perfect sophisticated everyday look that doesn't look too overdone. I think one of my worse fears is to look too overdone in the day time. This must come being part French - I don't like to look like I've made too much of an effort - it all has to look as natural as possible while still being fabulous! Not such a big ask right?! Haha

On a night out, I like to apply heavier makeup, whilst again not looking like I have gone to too much trouble. It all has to look effortless. Bearing that in mind, I apply either Trick or Liar all over the lid, then either Mugshot or Darkside in the crease, depending on how smoky I want things to be. This is then followed by a thin line of black eyeliner and lots and lots of mascara. Naturally, I will only apply a nude lipstick or some lip balm as I don't like to overdo things.

All in all, another great offering from Urban Decay. I can't wait to get my hands on the Naked Basics 2 to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment