Thursday 16 October 2014

Favourite Drugstore Foundations for Summer


L-R: Maybelline Fit Me, Rimmel Wake Me Up, Bourjois Happy Lights and Bourjois Healthy Mix


After my last post, I thought I'd do a series on favourites for Summer.

This one is my favourite drugstore foundations (as the title says, obviously). Most of you will have different foundations depending on the seasons as we tend to be a bit paler in the winter as opposed to the summer. So without further ado, here are my favourites.


Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
I wear this one in number 310. I have to say that this is a lovely foundation that I only use when I have fake tanned quite a dark colour. Otherwise, I find that this is the perfect foundation to mix with your winter foundation to bring it up to that slightly darker colour to use during spring time, when you are not winter pale anymore, but not quite summer tanned yet. This foundation, when worn on its own lasts for ages, doesn't oxidise or get shiny, which is perfect for those hot summer months. I wouldn't recumbent using this at night if you are planning to take photos as it contains SPF 18.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I wear this one in the shade 200 Soft Beige in the summer. This one also contains SPF, 15 in this case, and that is another plus for this foundation. I like to wear this one in the day time as it is quite light. Looking at the bottle, this might look quite shimmery, but once applied, this shimmer translates to a wonderful glow that is nice for summer and not shiny at all. If any of you is interested to buy, now is the perfect time as Priceline has it for $12 at the moment.

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation
I have this one in the shade 52, Light Beige. As this is a Bourjois foundation, it is a bit pricier than the foundations mentioned above. However, rumour has it that these are made in the same place as the Chanel products, so that almost means that you are getting Chanel products for a fraction of the price. Is that right, or this just me trying to desperately justify having this many foundations?? Anyway, on to my thoughts about this product. This foundation claims to hydrate for 8 hours, and whilst I haven't really noticed much in the way of hydration, I have noticed that this did not sink into my skin and disappear after an hour like some foundations tend to do. The coverage is quite light, but I like this in my summer foundations. I do not want something that is full coverage and like to let my skin breathe.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Not to be confused with the Healthy Mix Serum (I haven't tried this one yet so can't comment on it). I wear the shade 52 Vanilla. This is my favourite foundation if going out at night - it claims to have a 16hour stay and I can't say if that is true or not as I haven't ever worn my makeup for that long, but I can say that it definitely lasts for an evening. It is a light coverage, but you can build it up. There is no SPF in this one, which makes it perfect for photos. I haven't noticed a glow as such when I wear this, but I have noticed that my skin looks healthy - perfect!

You will notice a theme with these - they are all light to medium coverage foundations, which is what I like for the summer. Anything too heavy tends to slip right off my face! As a point of reference for you girls out there, I have normal to dry combination skin and none of these made me shiny or broke me out. I do have to say though that my skin is not sensitive and prone to break outs.. I hoe that this will prove helpful to any of you looking for a new summer foundation that's more affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment