Friday 20 March 2015

8 Product Everyday Makeup Routine

For the last couple months I have been wearing the exact same makeup everyday so I thought it was high time for me to share with you. We could say that these are my favourite products for January and February.

These products have all been spoken about by bloggers around the world at one stage or another and considering that I am still using them months or even years after they were first introduced, I think it is safe to say that they are worth the hype!

As a base, I've been using the Dior Skin Nude BB cream all over and buffing it in with the Real Techniques stippling brush. It is really good at making your skin look better, without being too heavy. I find this type of base the best all year round for when you only want a bit of coverage.

Next I apply the Bobby Brown corrector under my eyes. I find that this salmony colour works best at covering dark circles, and there is no need for any other type of concealer. I just lightly dust Foxy (the yellow shade in the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette) all over it and it lasts all day.

The Urban Decay Basics palette is the best multi purpose palette that I have come across so far for soft, neutral, everyday makeup. As I've said before, I use the shade Foxy to set my corrector. I then apply WOS all over my lid, with Naked 2 in the crease. Then depending on my mood or the occasion, I will apply either the brown eye pencil by Make Up Forever for daytime, or I will deepen my crease with Faint from the palette and line my eyes with Crave for the evening. This will give a bit of smokiness to the overall look and intensify your eyes. This palette is great as I can use a mixture of Naked 2 and Faint to fill in my eyebrows. However, my favourite eyebrow product of the moment is Laura Mercier's Eyebrown duo in Soft Blonde. The darker shade of the two is perfect for brunettes as well as it is an ashy colour instead of the usual browny red shades that often get used for brunettes.

The blush I like to use is from the Hourglass blush palette. I find that this palette is perfect for all occasions - you can use the peachy shade when you're a bit more tanned and the pinky shade at anytime. The mauve shade I think is perfect for the cooler months or in the evenings when you want a more sophisticated colour.

My favourite mascara of the moment is the L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black. I have to admit that this mascara is perfect at giving you the length you need. I think I might even like it more than the YSL mascara I was using before!

Then to set all my makeup, I use the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in a shade darker than I need to give me that healthy glow. Buying the powder in one shade darker means that I can use it all year long - with or without a tan. In the winter I can use it all over my face to give it some colour, but nothing too dramatic.

I haven't included my lipstick choices in here as I tend to change that everyday, ranging from bright pinks and reds to neutral. The one I wear most often though is usually one of the Revlon Lip Butters - the Watermelon shade.

I hope this inspires you with your makeup routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment