Tuesday 19 January 2016

2015 Favourites - Beauty

Now that 2015 is finally behind us, it is time for a favourites post!


L-R: Urban Decay Naked Basics, Bobbi Brown Concealer and Powder, Stella by Stella McCartney, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, MAC Lipstick in Plumful, Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation, Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12 hour Concealer, Bobbi Brown Corrector, Chanel eyeliner in Brun Teak,  Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Black, Chanel Les Beiges Powder.
In 2015 I went back to working in an office environment. This meant that for most of the time I was wearing neutral makeup as I didn't feel that it was appropriate to wear anything else. I don't work in fashion or beauty so anything too "fancy" would not be received well. This is why my favourites in Beauty for 2015 consists mainly of neutral makeup.

I have to admit though, that I quite enjoyed wearing the same makeup pretty much everyday. It made my morning routine go a lot faster, not having to think about what to wear, and I also became very good at applying my makeup - so much so that I got it down to less than 10 mins to apply my full face of makeup. That's a record for me! I usually faff around so much umming and aching wondering what to wear that this was a very welcome change. It also made choosing my favourites easier as these items are what I wore everyday. I did like to experiment with my makeup on the weekends and evenings, but since I decided to only choose 1 item per category, the items I wore most often had to win. That isn't to say that I didn't enjoy any other beauty items though.

 And now, without further ado, the list of my 2015 Beauty favourites listed per category:

Foundation - Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
Concealer - Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer for under the eyes and Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12 hour Concealer for the face
Powder/Bronzer - Depending on the season and my tan, I would use the Chanel Les Beiges Powder as either a powder or for a bit of contouring or bronzing. I also used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette for those days when the Chanel powder wouldn't work as a powder
Eye Shadow - Urban Decay Naked Palette
Eye Liner - Chanel Eye Pencil in Brun Teak - Less harsh than a black eyeliner for day time
Eyelash Curler - Shu Uemura
Mascara - Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Black
Blush - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush
Highlighter - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Lipstick - MAC Plumful


What were your favourites of 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment