Friday 22 January 2016

2015 Favourites - Skincare


My last blog post was about my beauty favourites for 2015, and it goes without saying that a skincare favourites was also required. So without further ado, I present you my 2015 skincare favourites!



As with my beauty favourites, I will keep this short and sweet by only mentioning the absolute winner in each category. I could of course, have mentioned more than one for each, but as this is a favourites post, I thought only one of each should be mentioned.

I have separated this into my morning and evening skincare routine so that it's easy to understand how I use each product. Every morning, I start by cleansing my face with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I have been using this product for years, and whilst I often stray away to try new things, I always end up going back to this. I don't think I need to say much about this product as it has been around for a while, and everyone already knows how awesome it is!

Next up is eye cream. The one I really enjoyed using last year was the Korres Wild Rose Eye Cream.  It is supposed to be brightening and moisturising. I loved using this one as it contains SPF 15 - the only eye cream I have ever used with SPF I think! It is really moisturising and helped my concealer go on a lot better after I had applied this. It was also slightly brightening, but I have to admit that I don't really have dark circles, so I didn't really need help in that area.

Following on from my eye cream, I then apply my serum. In this case, it's the Antipodes Skin Brightening Serum. It has a bit of a sticky consistency when you apply it, and it dries out your skin a bit, but as soon as you apply your moisturiser, all that disappears. I have been using this for quite a few months, and I have to say that I have noticed quite a difference in my skin tone. Love using this!

The last step in my routine is to apply my day cream. My favourite last year was the Korres Wild Rose 24-h Moisturising Brightening Cream. It smells amazing, and coupled with the Antipodes serum, I think that's what made such a difference to the brightness of my skin. Of course, when i say that this is the last step in my skincare routine, it goes without saying that I follow all this with a sunscreen. I haven't included one here as most of you you would already have a favourite one. But if not, I love the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 (in Australia they have changed this to SPF 15 PA+++ UVA). I also use the Makeup Up Forever SPF 50 Daily Protective Make-up Primer if I know I'll need my makeup to last a while.




At night I like to use the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup. I apply all over my dry face then remove with a warm face wash. I then follow this with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I then use my Chanel Bi-Phase Eye Makeup Remover to remove any left over eye makeup. I have to say that I have been using this eye makeup remover for years and it is by far, my absolute favourite! It removes waterproof makeup without tugging and it doesn't sting your eyes. I find that it leaves my eye area a little bit oily, but I like this. I don't like my eye area to get too dry as this is what encourages wrinkles I think.

Once my face is all cleansed, I move on to my eye cream - the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Eye Cream. I have a review here if you'd like to know more about it. I can attest that this works at leaving your under eye area nicely hydrated.

As with my morning routine, I follow this with the Antipodes Brightening serum. My current night cream love is the Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse Nuit. It's a hydrating, anti-fatigue moisturising cream, and does exactly what it says on the tin. I wake up every morning with skin that is wonderful plump and well rested.

On days when I want to pamper myself a little bit, I normally do a face mask after cleaning. For this I like to use either the Antipodes Manuka Honey Mask (I did a review here) or the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask (review coming soon). These two masks are amazing. I like to use the Antipodes one when my skin is on the drier side and the Aesop one when my skin is a bit oilier.

My favourite overnight mask is currently the  Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight mask. You wake up with skin that looks rejuvenated without being too greasy- exactly what you want! One mask I am looking forward to trying this year though is the Korres Wild Rose Advanced Repair Sleeping Facial. I have heard so many good things about it and can't believe I haven't tried this yet!

And here you have it, my 2015 Skincare favourites!

As always, I look forward to trying some new things this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment