Tuesday 26 January 2016

Skin Brightening 101

A few weeks ago, I came across Glossier and their beauty products and this gave me the idea for a post about the products I use for glowing skin and I thought it was a good idea as everyone is always looking for glowing skin and ways to minimise the amount of makeup and skincare worn/used everyday. It ties in very nicely with my quest for minimalism this year.
My plan is for 2016 to be the year of minimalism. As per my post last week, "Welcome 2016" I will try to pare things down to what I actually need and use. As mentioned in the post, this doesn't mean that I will stop trying new products, just that once I find something that really works for me, I will try and stick to that.

In this minimalistic vein, there are a few products that I love to use to give my skin that glowing look. My view has always been that you should always aim for good skin first. I have never liked caking on makeup to hide imperfections so I've always been on the look out for skin perfecting products that actually work. Having glowing skin naturally means that I need to use less makeup on an everyday basis, and I am absolutely loving this "no makeup, makeup look".

Without further ado, this is what I do for glowing skin. Mentioned in my 2015 skincare favourites are the Antipodes Brightening Serum and the Korres Wild Rose 24-hr Moisturising Brightening Cream and these two used together really help brighten the skin. The Aesop Parsley Seed Mask is also really effective at getting all the gunk out of your skin helping with any imperfections. Of course, these aren't the only products I use, but these are the ones that help me get my glowing skin.


Once you have glowing skin, only minimal makeup is required. My everyday go to this year has been a touch of concealer under my eyes and anywhere my skin needs it (Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour Waterproof Concealer), eyebrow powder for my eyebrows (Laura Mercier), black liquid liner (Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper), black mascara (Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara), blush and highlighter (Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush). The last step in my makeup routine is always lipstick, and this could be anything from MAC Plumful for a nice nude, Estee Lauder Pure Color in Twinkling Ruby for an everyday red or the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red.













T - MAC Palmful
B - Estee Lauder Twinkling Ruby
As mentioned before, Glossier was the inspiration behind this post and looking further into this company, I realised that their ideas and mine were in complete agreement. Glossier is all about making life less complicated with easy to use products. One set I am most looking forward to using is their Phase 1 Set. This set includes the Milky Jelly Cleanser, Priming Moisturizer, Perfecting Skin Tint, and the original Balm Dotcom. I think this would be the best way to trial their products and that they would complement my brightening products magnificently. Unfortunately, at the time of posting, Glossier does not ship to Australia. They are working on this and hopefully will have something arranged soon.

In the meantime, if you can't wait for Glossier to ship to Australia, you can currently get the Balm Dotcom salve on Net-A-Porter.

What are you secret weapons for glowing skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment