Tuesday 28 October 2014

Favourite Candles


Although it is now Spring in Australia, I still like to burn candles. I feel that it gives a certain atmosphere to the house, making everything cosier. I normally like to burn fresher scents, such as the above Amalfi Coast candle from Glasshouse. This candle smells exactly as the name suggest - the ocean. You don't even need to have this candle burning to smell the amazing scent that it gives off. Every time I walk past this, it reminds me of holidays by the beach. Gorgeous! Another great candle from Glasshouse for the summer is Skye. This is also a light, fresh scented candle that can be burnt year round.

Diptyque - Feu de Bois
Glasshouse - Amalfi Coast
Woodwick
The Feu de Bois by Diptyque candle and the Woodwick candle are ones I didn't think I would like to burn in the summer and yet, I'm loving them at the moment. This might have to do with the fact that it is only spring and although it is mostly warm in Perth, we have been having cooler days with very heavy rains and these candles are just perfect for that type of weather. Although I would love to have a fireplace, I don't think it gets quite cold enough in my neck of the woods to warrant installing a fireplace. This is where these candles come in handy. They both smell of freshly burning wood, and the Woodwick candle even goes one step further by simulating the crackling of burning wood. How amazing is this? So even though these 2 are not really Spring/Summer scents, I think they are amazing and can probably be used year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment