Saturday 11 October 2014

Evening Skincare Routine



My evening skincare routine is, as my morning skincare routine, quite simple. Again I'm not going to talk about my cleanser, but I'll start with my toner. I discovered this toner through Caroline Hirons, who I mentioned in my last post. I use this every evening as I have quite a few sun spots that I am trying to get rid of. I have to admit that it is working - they are slowly fading away! I put this on a cotton pad and apply all over my face after cleansing my face. I then give it a few seconds to dry. If you do start to use this, please be mindful that you have to use a sunscreen daily, otherwise, your sun spots will get worse, not better.


I then follow this with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo and Origins Ginzing Eye Cream. I'm not going to elaborate on this as the routine is the same as my morning routine, which you can find here.

Next step is to apply my serum - I am currently using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum. Not the new formula, but the original one - I have to admit, it's not really doing anything for me, but I will keep using it until I finish it as I don't like to waste product and it was crazy expensive. Once this one is finished, I plan to start using one from either Sanctuary Spa or Antipodes which I hauled recently here. I haven't decided which one yet..



The last step in this routine is to apply my moisturiser. This is the night cream to my day cream - the Korres Magnolia Bark First Wrinkle Night Cream. The texture in this one is quite different to the day cream. It is thicker and less gel like than the day cream, but it is just as scented. I have also noticed that sometimes it can cause some tingling around my nose. I would therefore suggest that if you have sensitive skin, you stay away from it. In spite of all this, I quite enjoy using this cream, but again, I won't be seeing the effectiveness of this cream on wrinkles for a few more years hopefully!

A couple of times a week, I also apply some face masks. My next blog post will be a review on them showing how I use the different ones.

Till then,

No comments:

Post a Comment