Thursday 2 October 2014

Review - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette





I think that by now everyone has heard of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.I had been wanting to try these for ages, but only just recently got my hands on the palette. How gorgeous is that packaging! I love how shiny and sleek it looks - so elegant.

I think that the palette is the way to go when first purchasing one of these powders. You get 3 powders for $95 (I got mine from Mecca and it is currently on sale for $76 here. This would be the perfect time to buy!!)






The 3 powders included here are Dim Light, Incandescent Light and Radiant Light (from left to right). These apply beautifully - they are so creamy, and not powdery at all like some powders can be, and they are a nice mix of the different colours you can get. These powders are meant to be used as finishing powders, but I haven't used them as such yet. I have only tried them as highlighters as my skin is too dry at the moment for finishing powders. I will get back to you on that at a later stage though.

I find that Dim Light and Radiant Light are perfect for a cheek highlight and Incandescent Light is perfect for the inner eye corner. Any of these can be used for a brow highlight. I have to admit though, out of the 3 my favourite is Dim Light. You can't really see it here swatched on my hand, but it is just the perfect colour for an everyday highlight - for cheek, brow and eye corner. If I remember correctly, Incandescent Light is a limited edition only available in this palette.

All in all, I love these powders and can't wait for the blush palette to reach our shores!

S
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment