Friday 10 October 2014

My Morning Skincare Routine


As you will see, my morning skincare routine is quite simple - I hesitated to write this blog because of this, but then thought I should post it as it could help those who think that a good skincare regimen is a complicated one. Trust me, it isn't. I know I'm no expert, but if you follow Caroline Hirons you will learn the best things you can do for your skin. Actually, I encourage all of you to go and check out her website - you will most definitely learn something there. I haven't included my face wash here as it normally changes depending on the day, and I really did not want to overload this post with products. Before I start talking about the products, I guess I should let you all know what my skin type is, shouldn't I?! At the moment, it's Spring in Australia, which means that my skin is changing from dry and dehydrated to slightly less dry and dehydrated with a few blemishes.  







































First I apply my eye cream. I have been using this eye cream for quite a while now and although it's not a bad eye cream, it's not a holy grail product. It does brighten as it says on the tub and that's because the cream is a bit of a salmony colour with a bit of shimmer - don't worry though, it's not sparkly or anything like that and this is great under a corrector or concealer - stops it from sinking into any fine lines you might have.


My next step is to apply the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo all over my face. With this change in season, my skin has been acting up a little bit with a few blemishes here and there. This takes care of all the blemishes making them disappear in a few days - truly a holy grail product for me. This tube is almost done and I have the Effaclar Duo+ waiting for me and can't wait to see the results with that one.


On some days when I know I will be applying foundation, I like to apply this before my moisturiser. It helps to smoothen out my skin and also acts as a primer, helping your foundation stay longer. It's not a bad product, but again, not one I'm sure I'd repurchase as I didn't find it to be amazing..



My current moisturiser is the Korres Magnolia Bark Day Cream. I got this when I was on holiday and I have to say I quite enjoy using it. It is quite a light cream and sinks in really quickly. However, it has quite a strong fragrance to it, and might not suit those who don't like scented face creams. I can't say I've noticed anything about the effects on wrinkles as I haven't got any, but hopefully it is doing what it says on the tin!



The last step in my skincare routine, before applying sunscreen if I know I'm going out, is the application of this neck cream. I've had this for a long time without using it and only started using it fairly recently. Why did I wait?! Again, this is more of a preventative measure, but I adore applying it on my neck every morning and evening. The cream just feels so luxurious and I feel so proud of myself thinking that I'm doing something good to prevent future neck wrinkles. This is a product that you're supposed to use after 40, but I don't think it can hurt to start using it now, can it?

And there you have it, my morning skincare routine. What's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment