Tuesday 7 October 2014

Favourite Eye Shadow Palettes

The 5 palettes that made the cut
Some of these palettes have been in my makeup stash for a few years now, and some are recent additions. One thing that they all have in common is my love for them. You will notice a familiar theme with all these palettes - they are all mostly neutrals. No crazy coloured eye shadow for me! Most of you will be familiar with a lot of these - they are after all, beauty blogger favourites. There are however 2 of these that I haven't heard anyone talk about before - the Guerlain palette and the Laura Mercier one. Without further ado, here are my thoughts of all them.














Bobbi Brown - Rich Chocolate Eye Palette
L-R: Bone, Stone, Frappe, Caramel, Champagne Truffle, Cocoa, Rich Chocolate


The Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate palette needs no introduction I would think. There was a massive hype when this first came out and everyone was raving about it. I have to admit that I put it on my Christmas list straightaway as I love Bobbi Brown, but I actually had to wait until Christmas to get it.. I've had this for a few months now and used it quite a few times. I have to say that the colours are fantastic. I love how creamy the shadows are and how well they apply. The colour payoff is also great - you don't need to apply a lot. And can we talk about that Caramel colour? How gorgeous is that?! Shimmery, but not too much so.

Guerlain - Ecrin 6 Couleurs



This one is the Guerlain palette. Unfortunately, there is no shade number/name on it for me to tell you, but it's the one with the bronzy shades if you ever go to a Guerlain counter near you looking for it. Again, the shadows are really creamy and easy to apply. There is also a metallic gold/bronze colour (the one in the middle of the palette) and it is AH-MAY-ZING!! Once applied, it has this metallic sheen to it that is just incredible. Love it!

Laura Mercier - Smoky Eyes Palette


As with the Guerlain palette, this Laura Mercier palette does not have a name. I seem to remember when I got it at Christmas that the box said something about the smoky eyes kit. It also came with a mascara and lip gloss, but I haven't featured those here as this is about the eye palette only. Although, as a a sidebar, I'd like to say that this would be a great gift for anyone as it contains pretty much anything you would need to do your makeup, except for a blush, and would be great for travelling or taking in your clutch bag on an evening out as it is so small and includes all the brushes you would need to apply your look. As with all Laura Mercier shadows, these are really creamy and apply well, without any fall out.

Urban Decay - Naked Basics



Everyone should know about the Urban Decay Naked Basics by now - especially since Urban Decay have just brought out the Naked Basics 2. This palette follows in the footsteps of all the other Urban Decay palettes with a great colour selection and great application. This palette is also small enough that you could carry it around with you everyday! I can't wait to get my hands on the Naked Basics 2 to see what that one is like!
Sleek - Oh So Special Eye Palette
L-R, T-B: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate
Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir



AS you can see, this last palettes well loved. This one is from Sleek and if you live in the UK, you will know all about this little gem that is available from Superdrug only. This is definitely is value for money. If I remember correctly, I bought mine for less than 10 pounds a couple of years ago. 10 pounds for 12 gorgeous shadows. You can't complain, right? And look at those shadows - the price here does not reflect the quality. These shadows are gorgeous, creamy and have little to no fall out. You needn't apply much and the colours available in this palette should be enough for all your eye look requirements for a least a few weeks. There is a good mix of matte and metallic eye shadows - look at the Gateau shade, isn't that just perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment